So you have perfected your finely crafted song. Spent hours making sure the drums are nicely balanced and the vocals sit nic in the mix. You even got the track professionally mastered. You posted the song on Soundcloud and Spotify in hopes of great fortune and fame. But the reality ended up being very different. The word tumbleweed comes to mind. You posted the links on Facebook twenty times and asked people to “check out the track,” but still nothing. But hey, at least you mother liked it. So maybe you are starting to ask yourself how to promote your music?
How to promote your music?
I have spent two decades on all sides of the music business. I play music every day. Over the years, I have played in countless bands over the years, and most of the time ended up doing the bookings and promotion work behind the scenes. I worked in studios, ran events, released albums, booked tours and toured all around Europe.
Throughout these years I have made and witnessed every promotional mistake, and actually started to figure out what works and what does not. I still see people make the same mistakes every day. So I thought it was time to do something about it.
We want to help you
Our key focus in Melosity is to enable collaboration, as we believe this is one of the quickest ways to grow your audience. But we do more, so much more. We want to find more ways to help musicians on their path. So we have decided to offer our platinum members intensive training course on how to promote your music in a meaningful way that actually works. We are not going to make you into an overnight success, but we will offer you the tools to successfully promote your music and find fans that actually care about your music.
As we are based in Dublin the first few courses will take place here in our office, but we are hoping to offer these sessions in other locations as well as online.
What will you learn?
We will hope to divide the course into modules, which you can choose which are relevant to you. The areas we will cover are:
- Facebook and how to utilize it in 2018 for promoting your music
- Instagram. With 800 million users, Instagram is a very powerful way to promote your music
- YouTube. It is the second largest search engine in the world. We will give you the tools and a rock solid plan how to make the most of this powerful platform.
- Build and manage your own website. We will walk you through the process of building your own website and how you can manage it, without having to pay for every update.
- SEO. Search engine optimization is not just a fancy word, but if done right it can help people find your website and your music. We will show you how to do just that.
- Email marketing. We will show you how you can build and manage a mailing list of dedicated fans, that want to hear about every little update to do with your music.
- Networking. The music business is so much about who you know. All of the courses we offer are in a group of other artists who are in a similar situation as you are. Making these connections and being able to brainstorm ideas together is so much more powerful than you just working on your own.
I am genuinely very excited about these training courses. The Melosity Platinum subscription is $10 a month and includes access to all of these courses. This is a fraction of the cost of any other similar training course for musicians online or offline. You will also get access to the full features of our online collaboration studio and all the other Melosity Platinum features. If you haven’t done so yet, go and set up your free Melosity account by clicking the button below.